Pages

Thursday 10 June 2021

Write that essay

 The Adverb Sentence:

Adverbs describe verbs. e.g Surprisingly, confusingly, firstly, remarkably, often

Adverb sentence starters add interest or intrigue to our work.

Remember the rule: when you start a sentence with an adverb, place a comma after the adverb then write the rest of the sentence

Examples: Accidentally, shockingly, concerningly, excitingly, significantly, similarly, and simply.

Other types of examples: Against, between, over, behind, within, under, below, at, for, throughout, near, about

A preposition gives location or movement

Remember the rule: when you start the sentence with a preposition, you need to put a comma when the movement or position ends.

Preposition sentence examples:

In the beginning, we talked alot.

throughout the lesson, I tried to not fall asleep.

near, the basketball court, is the rubbish bin.

Under, my bed, I found my clothes.

Over, the hill, she waited.

Up, on the bridge, we talked.

During, interval we played.

Inside, we worked independently.

Outside, we ran to class


Here is what an adverb sentence might look like:

Firstly, I woke up early today

Simply, this morning I put on my uniform

Remarkably, I came to school early

Luckily, my friends came just on time

Swiftly, we ran to our next class 

Quietly, we were given our sitting plan

Lastly, we went on writing this




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post