Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2021

Write that essay independent tasks #2

 Task 1: Use 'ing' verbs and use them in a sentence

Lurking from the ally, the monster creeped out.

signalling to the crew, they told them to stay on the runway.

observing the canyon, they were in awe.

Noticing that they were in danger, they panicked.


Task 2: select 4 'w' words and use them in sentences

While they were working, one wasn't.

when they got there, they realised that they got it wrong.

What he thought was right, wasn't as he expected.

Whilst she studied, the others were not.

Task 3: put the correct punctuation in these sentences

Emerging from the depth, the monster sought its new prey

When the baking was complete, the ovens were cleaned thoroughly

Committed to improving, their routine the dancers trained daily

Overpowered by the wave, the swimmers were swept off their feet

Analysing the situation, the commander decided the hill route was best

While we were watching, the experiment the paper ignited

Hoping to improve his score, matthew studied his times tables daily

With their friends and family, watching the students took to the stage

Undaunted by the work, the builders pushed on to repair the house


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post