Pages

Monday 9 September 2019

Solar Power

Solar Energy
Aim: To find out which color attracts the suns heat

Hypothesis: I think Black because its the opposite to reflecting white

Materials:

1. 2 Tin Foil Sheets
2. 3 Plastic cups
3. 2 Black Sheets
4. 1 White Paper
5. Heat Lamp
6. Water
7. Thermometer

Steps

1. Put water in each cup about like 5th a cup 
2. Wrap the sheets and paper around each cup
3. plug in the heat lamp
4. make the lamp face the cups
5. put the other sheets under the cups that are the same as the ones on top
6. dip thermometer in cup
7. every 15 mins check temperature

Findings: Black is hottest




Time 
Cup 1
White
Cup 2
Black
Cup 3
Tinfoil
0
161616
15
222421
30
202221
45
212321


Conclusion: now we know which color takes the most heat thanks for reading bye


Activity: 

In pairs rate the livability of coal vs solar energy.

Comparing Coal energy with Solar energy ( Rate; 1 = poor to 10 = great)

Factor
Solar
Coal
Livability
10
5
Sustainability
10
6
Accessibility
10
4
Cost
2
5
Your choice...
10
1



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post