Pages

Monday 8 March 2021

2021 Athletics/PE

Hello, this term I've been learning about PE and athletics here are the activities that I've been doing shot-put, discus, 100m sprint, long jump, high jump, and relay. On athletics day I only did high jump, 60m sprint, discus, and shot-put but I missed out on shot-put and high jump, for these activities I know a few tips for improvement. Shot-put requires momentum so use short run ups, discus also needs momentum, don't be distracted about your opponents during 100m sprint, long run ups give long jumps, try to move your entire body up when doing high jump and not just use your legs, and for relay you need to react faster when you have the baton just run when you feel it. I think I did well because I have participated each lesson with PE gear and I have given it my best on each activity, my favourite activity was discus because it was the best activity that I've done. My results for these activities are listed here 

High jump: 1m

Shot-put: 4.9m 

Discus: 13.9m

Long jump: 1m 

100m sprint: 16s 

These results are kinda bad except for sprints but I've got way better at both shot-put and discus



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Elias. It's great to read that you have given your best in athletics and improved in shot put and discus. Keep up the great participation in PE. Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post