Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Digestive system

Hello, for chemistry today I've been doing dissections and the next one I'm doing is a rat dissection. Before I start the dissection I have to learn about the important organs that make up the digestion system, the organs that I will be learning are the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, liver, and large intestine.

I'll be explaining these in their order above first is the esophagus, this organ is the first organ that the food goes through it connects the mouth to the stomach, this organ is used to break down the food before it gets to the stomach.

The stomach, this organ is where the food is broken down more using stomach acid.

The small intestine, this organ is next it is also used for breaking down food and so is the large intestine, did you know that the small intestine is seven meters long?

The large intestine, this organ is exactly like the small intestine it doesn't need much explaining but it is five feet long and three inches in diameter.

The liver, the purpose of the liver is to regulate the levels of chemicals in the body and to make it easier to digest.

Your Digestive System & How it Works | NIDDK

There are four keywords that are used to explain digestion these are.

Ingestion is the intake of food.

Digestion is the process of consuming the food

Absorption is the process of converting food into energy 

Egestion is where you excrete the food out of the body

I hope you learned about the digestion system bye.

2 comments:

  1. nice work elias i like the picture that you use to describe the body peace out😆😁😄😃😀😅😂🤣🤗🙂😉

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post