Pages

Monday 10 May 2021

Dirty water experiment

 Hello, for chemistry we made dirty water

Method:

  1. Method:

    1. Use a 250mL beaker to get 200mL of water.

    2. Add 2 spoonfuls of dirt.

    3. Add 10mL of oil.

    4. Add a spoonful of pebbles

    5. Stir it for 2mins.

    6. Label a piece of paper with your names and place it under your beaker.

    7. Take a photo of your experiment.

    Early finishers can finish off a google doc

In the end, the water didn't turn out as good as expected 


Dirty water experiment 2
A week later we cleaned the water even more
here is the method we used
  1. Stir your dirty water for 1min.

  2. Using a measuring cylinder, measure 100mL of your dirty water into another beaker.

  3. Add 100mL of water to the dirty water.

  4. Stir for 2mins.

  5. Discard the original 100mL of dirty water.

  6. Repeat again.

  7. Take a photo of your experiment.



And here is the setup for our next experiment

We put a cloth on a funnel over another funnel that has filter paper in it, the cloth is used to get rid of dirt, and the filter paper is used to get rid of small particles.
this has made a huge improvement to the water as now we can't see a single piece of dirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post