Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Te Tiriti O Waitangi

Hello to another blog post made by me today I will be discussing some facts about the treaty of Waitangi.
1. The population of the Maori was 70000 to 80000 back then
2. War and diseases decreased the population  
3. The treaty was neglected because it was decaying thanks to rats, water and fire
4. The united tribe of New Zealand was set up to keep NZ in shape
5. Edward Gibbon set up the NZ company
6. Hobson was sent to keep the treaty safe
7. 500 Rangitaras signed the treaty
8. The translation of the treaty was incorrect 
9. Tino rangatiratanga means self-government
10. sovereignty means Control from the queen
That is all I have for today's blogpost Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Elias. You have listed 10 great facts about Te Tiriti o Waitangi which shows your understanding of the treaty. Some of your facts could be improved if you added a little more detail, for example, the population of Maori in the late 1830s was 70,000 to 80,000.
    Keep up the good work completing your history blogs.
    Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post