Pages

Thursday 27 February 2020

Making biltong

Aim: I want to find out how to make biltong

hypothesis: the salt will dry the meat and kill bacteria thanks to its salty environment

research: Salt kills some types of bacteria  This process requires you to rub salt into meat to get the salt concentration to 20 percent or higher. ... You then add in your food, usually vegetables and meats, and this will both prevent bacterial growth and kill most bacteria already on the food. Source from Google

Method:

Equipment:

  • Tablespoon of salt
  • Strip of beef
  • Flavorings (Spices, Chilli and Pepper, etc)
  • Fishing line + Hooks
  • Bowl
  • Knife
Instructions:


  1. Wash hands with soap
  2. Get your equipment ready
  3. Mix salt and flavorings in a bowl
  4. Put the meat in the bowl and rub the salt into it
  5. Use the knife and cut a hole in the top of the meat

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post